We respect the privacy of every person who visits or registers with Charrans.com, signs up for our newsletters or that joins our loyalty programmes on our website. We are fully committed to ensuring a safe online experience.
Confidentiality and Security of Your Personal Information
At Charrans.com, we are committed to keeping the personal information you provide to us secure and we will take reasonable precautions to protect your personal information from loss, misuse or alteration.
We have implemented information security policies, rules and technical measures to protect the personal information that we have under our control from:
- unauthorised access;
- improper use or disclosure;
- unauthorised modification; and
- unlawful destruction or accidental loss.
All of our employees and data processors (i.e. those who process your personal information on our behalf, for the purposes listed above), who have access to, and are associated with the processing of personal information, are obliged to respect the confidentiality of the personal information of all users of our Services.
We may collect the following types of personal data from you, all depending on how you interact with us:
- name and contact information (such as email address, mailing address and telephone number)
- order and payment information
- Charrans.com online account username/display name
- IP address and information about your browsing history on our site
- requests, reviews and opinions
- preferred brands and items
- any other personal data you may submit to us.
Our primary goal in collecting personal information from you is to:
- verify your identity;
- help us improve our products and services and develop and market new products and services;
- carry out requests made by you on the Sites;
- investigate or settle inquiries or disputes;
- comply with any applicable law, court order, other judicial process, or the requirements of a regulator;
- enforce our agreements with you;
- protect the rights, property or safety of us or third parties, including our other customers and users of the our website;
- provide support for the provision of our services; and
- use as otherwise required or permitted by law.
In particular, we use your personal information for the following purposes:
Fulfilment of products and services
We collect and maintain personal information that you voluntarily submit to us during your use of our website.
We use the contact and payment details you have provided to us so that we can fulfill the supply of products and services you have ordered from our website. This includes your purchase of products, your attendance at events hosted by us or our third party partners and the processing of returns and refunds.
We may share your personal information with the following categories of third parties:
- To verify card payments and process refunds - credit card companies and other payment providers;
- To deliver products and process returns - delivery and courier companies;
- Events - any applicable third party hosting the event; and third party marketing companies hired by us.
- Competitions and prize draws - any applicable third party co-promoter (for example, a book publisher), prize supplier, facilitator or publicity platform.
Our Sites use certain cookies, pixels, log files and other technologies of which you should be aware.
Cookies are very small text documents or pieces of software code, which often include an anonymous unique identifier. When you visit a website or use a mobile application, a computer asks your PC or mobile device for permission to store this file on your computer or mobile device and access information from it. Information gathered through Cookies include the date and time of visits and how you are using the website or mobile application. Cookies are used by us and our third party partners (such as Google Analytics) as part of our websites.